Friday, January 25, 2013

in which has a dream and invades hardie's privacy

before leaving for the field trip, i did get to spend a few minutes in bea's class during which time i checked out her last few journal entries.

'I had a dream that my father and me found a door and my brother went to the bathroom and there was no door so I saw him'

every morning when i wake the kids, i ask them three questions: did you sleep well?  did you dream well?  what did you dream?  the last one is because i am totally fascinated with what their little minds process during the night and just what a child dreams about anyway.  usually i don't get an answer and if i ever do its a short, one-word description - you, superheroes, lunch - so my search for insight is largely fruitless.  UNTIL i found this journal entry.  now i know - bea dreams about accidentally seeing hardie on the can. 

'Last night my mom's sink was broken so I had a plan that I should hold [no idea] and my mom should go faster then the pipe broke so my mom [again, what the hell?] the best and fix it and that also was my dream.  MLK had a dream that people should be treated equally no matter what color their skin is.'

i appreciate that bea chooses to segue between my mad plumbing skills and the vision of martin luther king, jr

No comments:

Post a Comment